6.23.2012

30 Minute Recording Challenge!


Eric and I have a band. Our band name is...wait for it...Blaze and Eric! Pretty freakin' clever.

Eric is an AMAZING musical freak-show that can play every instrument proficiently. He's incredible on piano, guitar, and saxophone. He's awesome on vocals, drums, bass and ukulele. And I've seen him pick up a violin, banjo, and didgeridoo and play them better than most. Considering that he's also smart, great at sports and has silky curly locks I am 69% sure that he's a robot and/or alien.

I love performing! Dancing is my biggest love so I use our music gigs as an excuse to shake my money maker for hours! Theatre, singing, dancing, playing piano and guitar have all been great creative outlets in my life. I feel so blessed that my husband and I can join forces and create!

Near the end of my pregnancy with Jazz I thought it'd be fun to record a song so I could immortalize my 9 month pregnant voice. It was a bit deeper and breathy than normal with about 1/4 my normal breath support. We decided to kick it up a notch and see if we could make a decent recording in under 30 minutes! We had some equipment set up on our kitchen table we took turns doing two takes each while the other person played with our 1 year old in the backyard. Then we spliced our favorite stuff together and voila. It turned out pretty good and we finished in 24 minutes! I can't wait to do our album recording without the challenges of pregnancy or time constraints.

Here's the end result. Hope you like it!


For more info on Blaze and Eric visit their band website!

What song would you like to hear us cover?




No comments: